Saturday, August 29, 2009

Home Valley Station, The Kimberley - 23rd August 2009

After having gone camel riding earlier in the week, I felt that I should finally try horseriding. And where else but a station in the Kimberley? Whilst staying at Home Valley Station, partially chosen because of the lovely green grass to camp on (plus the facilities including the pool and bar were brand new), David and I organised to go on a guided horse ride in the morning. My horse was called Vegemite and she was a bit of a stubborn one. After some early troubles getting her walking after the other horses and not stopping to eat grass so much, I seemed to get the hang of it and we both enjoyed our ride, although by the end of the 2 1/2 hours my legs and bum were glad of a rest. David wasn't so lucky with his horse - Dan, who stumbled whilst trying to eat some grass whilst we were waiting for a gate to be closed, and both of them took a minor tumble, but were fine for the rest of the ride.


No comments:

Post a Comment